Byculla Enrichment Centre
80 members contributed total Rs. 11000 and donated Jaipur Foot to 3 physically disabled people on 8th Oct 2018. Members want to change living experience for 3 people who do not have natural limbs. They also appreciated them with gifts.
The centre came together and collected plastic waste to donate in plastic Daan Utsav 2018. This will be recycled to make 100 public benches and also one art installation by Arzaan Khambatta. They collected 15kg waste plastic from 2nd Oct 2018 to 8th Oct 2018 and handed to Plastic recycle team on 8th Oct 2018.
Chembur Chai Masti Centre
24 members from the Centre visited Sukh Shanti and a children's home and distributed old clothes, toiletries, groceries biscuits and chocolates. At Sukh Shanti, they also bought cloth bags made by girls. Many members pledged to continue to contribute in many ways to the underprivileged.
Dadar Chai Masti Centre
The members visited and cleaned up a beach on 2nd October. On the 5th of October, they celebrated Daan Ustav with Dharavi slum area children. The children enjoyed with games with us and our dignitarians.
Grant Road Chai Masti Centre
Members visited Ashadaan. The monetary contributions collected by members of the centre were given towards medicines for the inmates.
Mira Road Chai Masti Centre
The members went to "Gramin Vidalaya” in Mahajan wadi. They interacted with Class 1 to 7 kids. The children we provided with 200 page note books, pens, colour boxes and chocolates. Apart from this, indoor games items including 2 carrom boards, 1 Ball, ludo, puzzle games etc were also given. They interacted by playing games and engaging the children in interactive story sessions
Powai Chai Masti Centre
On the 2nd of October, the members visited an old age home known as “Home For The Aged”. They donated medicines, toiletries, clothes for men and women and bedsheets. They engaged with the residents by playing games and singing songs. On the 5th of October, the members visited an orphanage where they donated note books, marker pens, 2 ceiling fans, 1 exhaust fan and tube light in the class room and their school office.
Thane Chai Masti Centre
Dignity Foundation Chai Masti centre Thane conducted two events In Daan Ustav 2018 from 1st Oct to 8th Oct. On the 1st, clothes were distributed to Sahiyat Mandir Sabhagurh. The clothes were collected from members. Then they visited Smit Old Age home. There they distributed sixty snack boxes, and carried out activities such as singing, dance, yoga & laughter yoga. They spent two hours with them to remove their loneliness.
Vashi Chai Masti Centre
The Centre decided to bring clothes on 3rd Oct, 2018 to be sent to Padmashree Baba Amte's Ashram "Anandvan" through Marathi Sahitya Sangh, with whom they have an arrangement of clothes pick up on monthly basis. The senior most member in the Vashi centre is 84 years old and arranged for clothes from her friends as well.
Versova Chai Masti Centre
On 05 Oct 2018 as planned members visited House of charity. This is a home for mentally and physical disabled people. They donated medicine, toiletries, snacks, soft drinks and groceries. They spent some time with them to interact with them.
Ahmedabad Chapter celebrated Daan Utsav by distributing utility kits.
- Utility kits includes - Toothpaste, Tooth brush, Napkin, Bathing soaps, Hair Oil, Talcum Powder and Soap for washing clothes.
- 1st visit on 4th October, 2018 - "Bartimai Center for the Blind" in Maninagar. 22 blind kids were present, few kids went home after finishing their exams. Kids happily sang songs for all our senior members.
- 2nd visit on 5th October, 2018 - Afternoon at "The Society for Physically Handicapped" (a hostel for Physically Challenged kids - few kids are studying and others are working) - 22 kids stay in this hostel - we met Mr. Kanubhai Selar (the founder of this hostel), few physically challenged kids were present in the hostel. Gifted the kits to the kids presents there, others we gave to Mr. Selar to share with the all the kids as many kids were out to sc.
- 3rd visit on 5th October, 2018 - Evening at "Manilal Gandhi Vanprasthashram" (Old age home) in Jasodanagar. Kit distribution by members, met all the seniors individually in their rooms and distributed the kits.
Dignity Foundation's Chennai chapter had an eclectic mix of different and meaningful activities to ring in Daan Utsav - Joy of Giving Week! Bringing joy to the lives of tribal children by treating them to a sumptuous lunch in the city. Organizing good touch bad touch sessions in three schools in the city of Chennai. Visiting and spending time with cancer affected children at the Egmore children's hospital - distributing fruits, toys & drawing books. Awareness program on Organ donation and senior citizens themselves registering as organ donors are some of the activities that were organised!
The members of our Chennai chapter lead by our team showed the true spirit of giving by doing a marvelous job in spreading joy and happiness through the week! We are indeed a very happy & proud Dignity family!
Daan Utsav 2nd Oct -8th Oct 2018
- NUTRITION MELA : on 3rd Oct Jayanagar members distributed ration bags to few needy senior Citizen which can sustain them for one month meal
- ART OF YOGA : On 4th Oct, Vijayanagar Members joined hands with Slum Senior Citizen and taught them yoga, clap secession and laughing therapy which in turn helps them to keep up their health
- HEALTH IS WEALTH : On 5th October Group of Doctors form Apollo Hospital guided KSB Quarters senior Citizens about how to maintain their health in old age
- CHERISHING CHILDHOOD : On 6th Oct DF Members and volunteers distributed sweets, pencils and stationery to orphan children at “SHISHU NIVASA”
- GOVINDA NAMAVALI : ON 7TH Oct DF members chanted Bhajans and devotional songs at “SAMPATTU” an orphan age at Kanakapura main road
- SOUND OF MUSIC : on 8TH October DF members sang and danced along with old age home inmates at Vijayanagar
Dignity Delhi NCR chapter along with Delhi Metro celebrated Daan Utsav - Joy of Giving Week at the Metro Enclave colony. Residents donated clothes, footwear and accessories. Donors were clicked with the Happy Dot! All the collection will be distributed amongst the underprivileged elderly that we work with.
We celebrated Daan Utsav by involving members from 4 centers
- On 2nd Oct., members of our Behala center visited Shishu Shiksha Sadan School. They distributed biscuits, chocolates and toys among the students.
- On 4th Oct., members from Dhakuria center along with their children distributed sweets and fruits among the beneficiaries of our Day Care Center at Purbalok. Also members will be visiting again on 10th Oct for distribution of cloths.
- On 5th Oct., members of our Salt Lake Center visited Heart Clinic where they provided fruits and sweets among the patients.
- On 5th Oct., Baguihati members visited Barasat Balak Ashram where they provided lunch for the students.
Pune Chapter has celebrated Daan utsav on 4th October 2018. Our forty member's visited corporation's school for celebrating Daan ustav and donated hundred compasses to Mahadji Sinde primary schools students on behalf of Dignity Foundation, Pune. Pune Dignitarians also participated cultural program on occasion of World Elders Day in Punyadham Old age home and performed western dance. Pune’s Kalyani Nagar chai masti centre visited Snehalaya lnstitute of handicapped children. They distributed rice, masoor dal, tuvar dal, sugar, oil(5 kg each). They also distributed 4 large biscuit packets, toiletries like tooth paste, soap, detergent soap etc. They played with the children and interacted with them. The children looked very cheerful. They visited a home for mentally handicapped women called Sukesini, where they distributed the same amount of ration and toiletries. These women were picked up from the streets and given shelter. 12 members of Kalyani Nagar visited the place and most of the members contributed in cash for the cause of charity.