Your support can turn a life
Albert Einstein once said, "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing". Food is one of the primary requirements of every human being. Thus, the right to food is a fundamental "Right to Life" enshrined in Article 21 of the Indian Constitution. Indeed, the Supreme Court has explicitly stated that the right to life should be interpreted as a right to "Life with Human Dignity", which includes the right to food and other basic necessities. The government tries to ensure food security through a wide network of public distribution systems, mid-day meals and through anganwadi schemes. Yet, there is a need for more. Living the dictum, Anna Daan Maha Daan , Dignity Foundation provides ration worth Rs. 1000 per month to the poorest old.
Food from the Heart
Our Mission is to distribute rations to the most needy of the senior population, special hardship cases, and not to let any elderly person go to bed hungry. The Ration project takes off after a physical verification by our Social Worker on the genuineness of the case and is spread across Mumbai. Tie-ups with local kirana shops on moderate rates and monitoring by volunteers through our bus, 'Dignity on Wheels', ensure the ration reaches the most needy, month after month, without fail. Each monthly package contains items like rice, wheat, pulses and lentils, sugar, salt, jaggery, oil and tea.
What Difference Can We Make?
Sponsorship is a very personal way to improve a needy elder's life. It gives you a chance to share a unique relationship with a needy elder. The programme is an ongoing commitment, although you aren't under any obligation. As a charitable organisation, we rely heavily on the support of our sponsors and well-wishers to enhance the service.
- Provide ASSISTANCE monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually for ration for needy.
- Give for SUPPORT to old, handicap and infirm.
- Make a TRIBUTE gift for those you love.
- Donate towards general CORPUS for other regular activities and future projects.
- You can donate Rs. 12,000 / year [ @ Rs 1000/month ] to feed a needy elder with no means of sustenance. This can be your tribute to a loved one. You also gain 'food for your heart', along with an 80-G certificate for tax deduction.
- One-Time Donation: If you aren't interested in a long-term arrangement, you can make a one-time donation every now and then to provide a basic need.
- Big or small, it doesn't matter. If everyone offers a small help, we would end up with a big help.
- Online donation